Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blogging for the soul

It is 1: 13 am and I have finally just set up my very first blog.  I have been meaning to do this for at least 2 years now.  Better late than never, right?  I think everything happens in its time.  So, here goes.

I started reading the book, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, for about a month now.  I picked it up at the suggestion of someone I greatly admire but was not expecting anything different than the typical devotional 'stuff.'  I was pleasantly surprised and somewhat relived that this book was different.  I began reading Jesus Calling  in April because there is no sense in trying to be perfect and starting in January =). There were many days when the reading for a particular day appeared to have been written just for me.  It would speak to a situation at  hand so perfectly that I couldn't dismiss it as chance.  I know the word, chance, doesn't sound very spiritual, rather skeptic, but this is exactly where I needed to be met by my Creator.  I had been a skeptic and in the coming days I will share my journey of losing faith and where I am today.

As I struggled with my Christian faith, I desperately seeked others with similar doubts, questions, etc. but was not able to find much support.  So, I thought this blog might benefit someone who might be going on a similar journey.  I sincerely hope that it does and if so please feel free to reach out to me. The wisdom and guidance I received while reading this book has been life changing and it has only been about a month.  I would love to share what I have learned with you and hope to see how it will affect your life.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter